hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I have a Panasonic LCD TV TX-26LE8A. I have MySky but would

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic LCD TV TX-26LE8A. I have MySky but would like to change to Freeview. Do I need to get a new TV? Can I use the Dish I have.
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there I checked the spec for your TV and unfortunately it doesn't accept the new digital TV signals that New Zealand is broadcasting in.

It would be cheaper to buy a Freeview PVR to receive and send these signals to your TV. The PVR is a great function and lets you pause and record Freeview TV.

Freeview is received by the aerial on your roof and Freesat/My

As you know, MtSky is received by the satellite dish. If you want to receive satellite signals you will need a satellite receiving box which will again plug into your TV to deliver the signals.

Your TV is only capable of receiving the defunct analogue TV signals and therefore will require the use of standalone set top boxes to receive either the Freeview or Satellite signals.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

https://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/TX-32LE8%20Operating%20Instructions.pdf