Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How to reinstate tv signal to samsung tv

Customer Question

how to reinstate tv signal to samsung tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What is connected to TV for channels, a satellite box or aerial?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A free view box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, what video input of TV is connected to that free view box?
Also, what exactly appears currently on TV screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sumsung dvd player
No signal
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Do you get picture on TV if playback DVD player?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry this is not working for me
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, this test indicates TV itself is just fine and either it needs to select correct video input in TV by pressing Source button on TV remote OR reboot the free view box that might be not sending out video signals to TV for some reason.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

What is not working for you?

Typing a reply takes little time, did you get above reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Iam not at all confident with IT items.
I have tried using the source button and I get the no signal message on the screen.'What do I do to reboot the freevioew box please?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Unplug the free view box power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in to turn it On, it will reboot itself that may take few minutes to complete.

If TV still shows No-Signal message on screen then press Source button a few times to check different video inputs of TV as one should bring the free view box picture on TV.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes to TV set up with no signal
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

It seems you have selected TV as source, press Source button on TV remote to get video input source list and select different input, wait couple of seconds to see if picture appears?

If it doesn't try the next video input in that source list, wait to see if picture appears, if still doesn't then check next video input as one input will show you free view box channel picture on TV.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.