Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Just moved the tv and now will not light up or turn on. LG

Customer Question

Just moved the tv and now will not light up or turn on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: LG 42LH40-UA. It has actually been off for a couple of weeks.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Pretty much none
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Don't think so thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, If there's no life to the TV whatsoever, and you've already left unplugged for a couple of weeks, then at the least you have a blown primary fuse inside of the TV- and at worst a bad power supply board in most cases.

Given this, you will need to remove the back of the TV to fix the issue- which entails checking the fuse using a meter, and if the fuse tests good then replacing the power board.

If you want to do this yourself, every screw on the back of the TV must be removed and the rear cover taken off. If you don't have a meter and cannot test the fuse (the fuse is white ceramic and soldered in place right next to the AC inlet on the power supply board), then the easiest approach is going to be to simply swap out the power supply board. This part can be purchased at the link below for $40 for your set:

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.