Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Samsung rear projection TV. Approximately 1 minute

Customer Question

I have Samsung rear projection TV. Approximately 1 minute after I turn on the TV the screen goes blank, then followed by the TV turning off. In the front at the main switch a message says timer and lamp. I assume the lamp is bad. Please confirm
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, When the Lamp is bad on this set- all three lights will blink- Timer/Lamp/Standby-Temp

Are you saying that only Timer and Lamp are blinking and not "Standby-Tamp"?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your correct the Standy-Temp is also blinking
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay thanks. That does mean the lamp has failed then per the manuals for this set. You would want to purchase and replace the lamp to fix the issue. The correct OEM lamp can be purchased at the link below for your model:

http://www.purelandsupply.com/hls4666w-samsung-dlp-tv-lamp.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw4pO7BRDl9ePazKzr1LYBEiQAHLJdR_5KOlxv1-Z4G2mTXENABp5oOQlIt_qfuA7zDiFcETkaAnnn8P8HAQ

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Your owner's manual is at the link below and instructions to replace the lamp are on page 128:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20060727152300/Manuals/305/305HLS4666.PDF

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Did you need further assistance here?