Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

The picture on our Samsung television is slightly distorted,

Customer Question

The picture on our Samsung television is slightly distorted, and not all of the intended picture appears on the screen.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have tried the Pic button on the control but it has not fixed the problem. Should I unplug the set as you suggest?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only what I have said above
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask you for more information.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?
3) If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display normally?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply.