Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.

Front panel touch buttons dont work on lg 55lw5300-uc

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Is the tv turning on? Has picture/sound?

-Is the tv responding to the original LG remote? menu, volume, etc?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Everything works great except the front panel buttons,but I've replaced some stuff
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

please clarify "I've replaced some stuff"

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Not sure why you can't reply to me....

Look in the HOME/MENU > LOCK > KEY LOCK > select OFF.

If that doesn't help then hardware disconnect / failure of the input board part number EBR72671401.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've already tried all that,main board came from exact same tv but the version is slightly different,same board,same tv,same part number
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tv would not turn on,it had red standby light,when pushed it would blink twice,turn blue for a second and then back to red,I replaced main board and power board,now tv works great,but only with the remote,everything works,except the front panel touch buttons,no standby light,no power light,nothing works on TV panel buttons,but everything works with original remote
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
your board number is ***** right,the one I took out and the one I put in are the same,it's EBR73666204
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They are exactly the same except the version,the one I took out is v3.02.06.01 number below that is(###) ###-####the one I put in is v3.02.06 number below it is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Both boards are for a 55lw5300uc,both boards are identical after that ebr73666204,ebt61701310 board number eax64290501 (0) both from a 55lw5300-uc ausylur
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

looks like you took break, then I took a break....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you see my responses? It's not huge man cause tv works great now,but why the hell don't the front panel buttons work?,they worked before when tv worked,they worked when tv wouldn't turn on,and now that I replaced main board and power board the TV works great again but the panel buttons are dead,wtf I don't get it
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Carl. It looks like Mike opted out from this question. I own and operate a Electronics Repair Store and repair a good 10+ TVs a week and have seen just about everything. When I read the title of your issue I knew I had to chime in because I literally JUST fixed an issue exactly like this where the customer's Touch function quit then shortly after his Main Board died. I had to replace both the Main Board and the Touch IR Sensor. I found a little bit of corrosion on the Touch Sensor that most likely shorted the IC Chip then the Main Board. I've located a replacement Touch Sensor for you here:

Replace that sensor and your touch function should immediately be restored! If you need any help over the phone, I am also available Mon-Fri: 10-6 at my store. :)