Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio won't turn on :( It comes on only sometimes. The

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Kevin. My Vizio won't turn on :(
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It comes on only sometimes. The power light illuminates but then dims. Sometimes the logo appears and sometimes only the audio comes on.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I got a tester to test the voltage of the outlet. I have power.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I checked all of the power cord connections. I held the on/off button on the TV.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Vizio E500i-B1
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me roughly how old the set is, and were there any storms, power outages, etc. just prior to this occurring?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Just wondering if you needed help with the question you posted. Let me know.