Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

First the cable remote stopped working. My husband turned

Customer Question

First the cable remote stopped working. My husband turned the tv off by the tv button. Next day I changed the batteries in the remote and put a new projection lamp in the tv as I had coincidentally ordered a new one. But it had been working fine--just a little screen had come up that said it would need to be replaced soon. The cable box comes on by the cable remote but nothing happens when I push the tv button on the tv. I have unplugged six times. I have not called the cable company yet.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: It is. a Sony Digital KDF-50E2000. The remote is from our cable company Xfinity. They replaced the box about 6 weeks ago and all has been working great
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: New projection lamp. Unplugging several times.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I have pushed the on/off button numerous times but nothing lights up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

Currently, when you press the power button on the TV itself, does the green or red light blink, and can you hear the fans fire up?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Also, if there are NO signs of life to the TV whatsoever (no power light at all), then have you checked that the power cord is connected tight to the back of the TV, and the wall and/or tried another outlet or surge protector? Let em know and we can proceed.