Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Apex has the Source Select menu frozen on the screen. I

Customer Question

My Apex has the Source Select menu frozen on the screen. I did get the TV remote to change the components after doing the reset described earlier. But, my on/off indicator is blinking between blue and red and it will not respond to my Uverse universal remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand this does indicate a hardware issue in the TV, and most likely requires a new Mainboard be installed. I just wanted to put the bad news there upfront. However, can you try using the power button on the TV itself (fore-go the remotes for now) and let me know if you can get the set to power up?

Additionally, if you unplug the TV and plug it right back in- do those two lights start blinking immediately or only after the power button is pressed?

Let me know and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can power on. The lights start blinking immediately
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm kind of confused here. You're saying the TV powers up normally but those lights are still blinking while it's on?

Also what exactly do you see on your screen right now?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

These symptoms point to the Mainboard failing in the set- and isn't something that can be corrected via any settings or adjustments. This is a hardware related issue. That said, the mainboard needs to be replaced, and if you're looking to do that yourself, the part can be purchased at the link below for your set for just under $35:

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.