Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

I have a Panasonic TC P54S1. This is what it's doing while

Customer Question

Hi
I have a Panasonic TC P54S1. This is what it’s doing while following the troubleshooting procedure. Not sure how to interpret these results.Powered on 6 blinks.Disconncected SC20 on SC board and C10 on the C1 board and C20 on the C2 board. 8 blinks.Reconnect everything.Disconnect SS 33 on the SS board.8 blinksReconnect and follow SU/SD board isolation procedure.SU board resistance test. Resistance from VF to SU 41 pin 2 1.6MΩSC Board resistance test
SC 42 pin 3 to ground. 230 kΩ
SC 42 pin 5 to ground 280 kΩ
JA: Television is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Do you know the make and model?
Customer: It's listed in the previous post
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's listed in the previous post
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

My name is***** am a different expert

Please check that the SAP or MTS in the audio settings menu of the box is switched OFF if its on you will get no sound on some stations only

If you have problems let me know

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I must not have been clear. TV doesn't turn on.
Hi
I have a Panasonic TC P54S1. This is what it’s doing while following the troubleshooting procedure. Not sure how to interpret these results.Powered on 6 blinks.Disconncected SC20 on SC board and C10 on the C1 board and C20 on the C2 board. 8 blinks.Reconnect everything.Disconnect SS 33on the SS board.8 blinksReconnect and follow SU/SD board isolation procedure.SU board resistance test. Resistance from VF to SU 41 pin 2 1.6MΩSC Board resistance test
SC 42 pin 3 to ground. 230 kΩ
SC 42 pin 5 to ground 280 kΩ
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 8 months ago.

Hi I am Tech Michael,

Have you replaced any parts to rectify this issue?

Also do you still get the blink code?

Thanks

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Haven't replaced and boards yet. I guess that's the question. What should I replace given the results from the trouble shooting. It's not clear in the manual
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 7 months ago.

Hi, On this set, I've found the main board to be the fault most of the time with this error.

I would do that first. It's almost always the answer to this one, but please observe static precautions as this one is super sensitive to static electricity. It's easy to damage that board in this way.

When you get the board, let me know before you even open the package so I can assist, no extra cost for that.

The best place to get that would be: http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic

would definitely call them to order this part for many reasons.

Please call Shopjimmy: (877)(###) ###-####/(###) ###-####/a>

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Sincerely

Tech Michael