Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

As suggested, I ordered the LED/power board Samsung tv and

Customer Question

As suggested, I ordered the LED/power board for my Samsung tv and installed it today. Nothing changed:I still had audio, but no picture.
There is not a glimmer of light when the tv turns on.Because I suspect there was a power surge, I changed the:HDMI cord
Cable box
Modem/routerStill no change, plus now I don't have audio either, because I can't see the 3 numbers on my screen to re-activate my cable box.Any thoughts, next steps?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go now. I'll resubmit my question tomorrow.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joyce

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anyone there?Hello,
As suggested, I ordered the LED driver/power board for my Samsung UN40H6203AFXZA (version UF04) tv and installed it today (Wed 6/15). Nothing changed:I still had audio, but no picture.
There is a faint image that can be seen when you shine a flashlight on the screen.
There is not a glimmer of light when the tv turns on.
The tv was purchased in March 2015, so the warranty has expired.Because I suspect there was a power surge, I changed the:HDMI cord
Cable box
Modem/routerStill no change, plus now I don't have audio either because I can't see the 3 numbers on my screen to activate my new cable box.Any thoughts, next steps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there? 12:10
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for replying back to me. You were offline when I responded earlier.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think the wires leading to and from the power board got fried? Should I replace those as well?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joyce,

I have reviewed your previous question and your latest information, thank you for that.

This problem is very unlikely to be caused by damaged wiring - wires can sustain power surges much better than the sensitive tiny electronic components on the circuit boards.

You can physically examine the wires for any signs of damage, burning, etc. - if they look ok then they will be fine.

If replacing the LED/power board did not help then the fault is elsewhere in the TV, and this will require some electronic testing to help diagnose where the fault lies. It will likely also require replacing some of the more expensive boards inside the TV, or perhaps even the display itself has failed.

Before you attempt any repairs yourself, first check if your home insurance covers against any power surges, or if the TV has any other warranty cover that can be used before you invalidate it and go to further expense yourself.

Let me know how you get on...

Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?