Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I contacted just answer Saturday night about my Vizio GV47L

Customer Question

I contacted just answer Saturday night about my Vizio GV47L FHDTV the tech recommend a new main power board. I installed new board. Turned on tv , screen black, no sound, no pic, will not power on. Could new board be bad?? Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the new question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, would you prefer to follow up / continue with the other expert in your other question? If yes, please click HERE.

Otherwise, please post back which board; main board or power board was replaced? ....the numbers off the board?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1 board main board
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

And the numbers of this main board please?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3647-0012-0150
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

If both the previous and the replacement main board are identically numbered as 3647-0012-0150, then "...Could new board be bad??..." would most likely be yes. This is based on the initial information of "...Turns on ok , turn of takes about 25sec. to click off..." provided in the first question posted as compared to the current observations of "...will not power on..."

Strongly consider returning this board for a replacement.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** returning board.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.