Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The tv turned off by itself and will not power back on :

Customer Question

the tv turned off by itself and will not power back on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: philips magnavox, not lcd, was given to us, not sure on age
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tp3284 c101
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: is there a charge?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the TV Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the Philips TV completely / electrically dead? ...or is there some indication of power such as a standby LED light? ...or blinking indicator light?