Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Samsung tv is stuck in power saving mode : one day :

Customer Question

my Samsung tv is stuck in power saving mode
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: one day
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged all cords, hit rest button on direct tv box
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: approximately 8 years old, model L
n37a330j1dxxa
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-I think you are saying the tv won't turn on, what is the LED on the front of the tv doing when you plug in the tv?

-Is the tv making a clicking noise?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no noise, light is blinking
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was NOT sent by me and honestly talking on the phone only makes this process more difficult because I may need to send you things like links to parts, products, documents, step by step instructions, etc. In the mean time we can continue with our chat....

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted but I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing just about the same as a new 37" Tv and could take a few weeks to get all sorted.

If you cannot DIY, I would strongly suggest you use the money you saved by coming here first toward a replacement tv rather than going for a repair.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service.

I have just provided you with an immediate answer as to whether your tv can be repaired and how much it will cost. This information is well worth it because an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page so that I get credit for my work.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?