Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a flat screen pal sonic 3275bk and I cannot get

Customer Question

I have a flat screen pal sonic 3275bk and I cannot get passed the home screen, I have tried the source and menu and cannot get a channel
Help please...
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Wayne and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is this a fresh/new install?

Or has the Palsonic PDP3275BK been in use for some time and this issue of "...cannot get passed the home screen..." just recent?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have just bought a home with all furniture and tv and I have seen it work when we inspected the home but I think there is something that I am not doing. I have tried everything the pal sonic logo comes up fine but when I enter a channel nothing comes up..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there a way where I can reboot the TV to start from the beginning?
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Possibly a Reset but it would have to be done in the MENU . System Settings.

Still, might there perhaps be a PVR or a satellite receiver such as an Foxtel iQ used with the TV?

...or if directly connected to an antenna, a coaxial line booster or pre-amp that needs to be turned on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Louie no the tv is plugged into power and a cord for the antenna.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can connect a DVD to the tv if that would help
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Yes please; that would allow as another source other than the antenna. It would serve as a test by process of elimination.

Still, is the Palsonic in TV mode? Have you tried a button labeled as "SOURCE" that needs to be pressed a couple of times.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have accessed the source button but have not pushed it twice I simply scroll up to then push the horizontal arrow but nothing occurs will it make a difference if I push the source button twice?
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Not necessary if able to select TV (mode) as SOURCE. If done/selected, would a channel number (any) be displayed on 1 corner of the screen ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
a channel number 1 appears in top right with auto underneath.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Then we are in TV mode. If connected to an antenna as above described, then it should be able to receive broadcasts.

Still, the above post of "...auto underneath..." might be referring to the TV performing an AUTO scan of the available channels. Have you allowed the TV to complete this scanning process?

Was the TV unplugged for a very long time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have allowed the tv to complete the scanning process but it doesn't tune. The tv has been switched off for about 3 months
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

With "... 3 months...", then likely the internal programming / memory has to be renewed hence the auto scanning.

Offhand, I would suspect more the antenna, coaxial cable and even possibly a splitter or even an antenna amplifier/booster of sorts.

How many TVs are in the house please?

And can we try connecting/playing a DVD player? (even if just to eliminate the TV's functionality as a suspect)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have 3 other tvs in the house and yes I can connect a DVD player to the tv.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

And are all the other TVs able to receive the TV broadcasts?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all other tv's are fine, chrysalis clear.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

When able, please post back with the DVD player's model number.

...and an update if the DVD player would work as expected with the TV.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the DVD player can play DVDs through the tv but still no tv channels the DVD is a Sony sr320
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information. I was hoping that the DVD player would be a model with a built-in TV tuner.

A final test (if able); try 1 of the 3 other TVs and connect this TV in/where the PDP3275BK is using the same coaxial cable used by the Palsonic TV.

• if the known to be operating other TV is also able to display a broadcast station, then it would be a coaxial cable and/or splitter issue;
  • on the other hand, if this other TV works instead of the Palsonic , then it would be an internal hardware issue with the PDP4225HD.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have plugged in another tv into the same plug and it works fine but this tv does not. You mentioned that a kind of reboot in settings may help where do I find settings on this tv?
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

When pressing on the MENU with most versions, there would be selections of the different sub-menus. One of these sub-menu would be for System. Selecting this System, there would be settings that includes a Reset. If present/done, then it would load default values on the different settings. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences.

After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you will try this and see how we go. Thank you for your help Louie
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Great! Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.