Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My TV will not turn on. We had it on and watched a movie,

Customer Question

My TV will not turn on. We had it on and watched a movie, then turned it on again but it would not turn back on. We have cox cable and the otherTV in the bedroom woke fine as well as our computer. I tried to manually turn the TV on but can't find anywhere to turn it on. We have 40-42" flat smart tv w/wifi.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Vizio TV.

Is the TV completely / electrically dead? ...or is there some indication of power such as a standby LED light?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Completely electrically dead. The only number I can find is "s401cd'.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No stand by light either.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Sorry but "...s401cd..." is reported back as an invalid Vizio product / model number. Please re-check the model number. Thanks

Still, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and plugging back in into another outlet?