Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My TV will not turn on. We had it on and watched a movie,

Customer Question

My TV will not turn on. We had it on and watched a movie, then turned it on again but it would not turn back on. We have cox cable and the otherTV in the bedroom woke fine as well as our computer. I tried to manually turn the TV on but can't find anywhere to turn it on. We have 40-42" flat smart tv w/wifi.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Vizio TV.

Is the TV completely / electrically dead? ...or is there some indication of power such as a standby LED light?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Completely electrically dead. The only number I can find is "s401cd'.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No stand by light either.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Sorry but "...s401cd..." is reported back as an invalid Vizio product / model number. Please re-check the model number. Thanks

Still, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and plugging back in into another outlet?