Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Can a 2006 tachi BUA5P42HPHP be converted from using cable

Customer Question

Can a 2006 Hitachi BUA5P42HPHP be converted from using cable tv to connecting an antenna and converter?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

To my understanding, you have 2006 model Hitachi TV and you want to view cable TV channels on it, is this correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I want to know if I can switch from cable service to a personal antenna.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Yes, you can switch to personal/ air antenna to get local channels. If I could get your TV model number then I'll be in better position to assist you further.

Since TV is 2006 model so it is quite possible it wouldn't have digital tuner to receive current broadcasting which has become digital since few years back and there is an alternate way, you would need to get 'digital to analog TV converter box' that has builtin digital tuner, connect the converter box to video input of TV to get converter box home screen, plug the antenna in converter box and run channel scan wit converter box remote to get all available channels and watch them on your TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?