Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My kid pushed alot of buttons on lg tv and now it wont turn

Customer Question

My kid pushed alot of buttons on lg tv and now it wont turn on. The light comes on then just turns off
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

42L4500-TA

Yes all imputs. It won't go on to allow changes to input

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

42L4500-TA is incorrect/ invalid number, please recheck.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I missed the W

42LW4500-TA

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Thanks - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I am not in the US don't have cable. I jhave unplugged tv for 10mins. No change

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, though question page shows you're in USA.

Are you in Australia as TV model number indicates it is for Australian region?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Never gave me an option to select where i was from. I am in south africa but don't think it makes a difference.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Sorry about confusion. I don't have related manual for that region TV so let me repost the question for other experts to have a look and some one will hopefully respond to assist you further.

I'm opting out to repost the question.

Thanks.

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Let me know when you see this response please I am Anthony a different expert

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Anthony

If the set will not respond to a reboot which you have already tried then its a hardware issue within the set likely to be a bad main-board however before condemning that board there will be a few other checks to be sure so ultimately what this amounts to is checks both visual and maybe with a meter (volt-ohm) then the board replaced (its a plug in board no soldering)if you can do this let me know I will be happy to help you with support and on-going support (as long as it takes).

The only thing I have a problem with is the supply of boards in SA however that is later on.

Let me know if you can do this work

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do not work for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony