Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

I have a Panasonic SA-PT960 player : and a Panasonic Viera

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Panasonic SA-PT960 player
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: and a Panasonic Viera TV
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Both devices about 4 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I can't see DVD only sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, What exactly is the question please? I see you have a player and a TV, but don't see anything else. Please postback with some details about your problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Aric
When playing a DVD I can hear the sound but can't see the video.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay, is this the first time you're setting this up, or was it working before?

Also, do you have the original TV remote?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Was working before.
I have original TV remote.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Is your TV on the right Input? You didn't post the model number of the TV, but it will be a button labeled either TV/Video or Input on the TV's remote. Check ALL of the available Input choices one at a time and let me know if one restores your picture.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Not sure where you're at, but are you able to change the TV Input and see the Input change?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is the correct TV input?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Backup, ARE you able to see the Inputs on the TV screen (video 1, video 2, etc.) when you press that button- yes or no?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

There is no one shot "correct input", the Input you need to be on depends on what Input the DVD player is PLUGGED INTO on the back of the TV. Each one of those jacks on the back of the set is a different Input. Since I can't see where you have it plugged in I am asking you to select EACH ONE, ONE AT A TIME. Let me know if you're stuck and specifically where.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've checked HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, Component 1, Component 2, Video 1, Video 2 - No picture. TV selection not available.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Then you need to dig deeper and tell me specifically where the DVD player plugs into on the back of the TV. Follow the cord and look where it connects. The back of the TV has a label on each one of the jacks. Tell me what that label is (HDMI, component, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Just wondering if you're still with me here.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Well, I have to run and I'm not sure if you're still online so I will opt out. Someone else should be along shortly.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Is it just a problem with the DVD?

Is cable TV or other TV sources working ok?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Too frustrating!
Good bye.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, I am sorry you came away with that feeling. If you wish to continue at anytime please let me know

I could also call you if it is easier?