Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 55x810c sony tv and I'm trying to connect a 4th gen

Customer Question

i have a 55x810c sony tv and I'm trying to connect a 4th gen 64b apple tv. all I see on the tv screen is "no signal"
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 month's old and its a 55x810c.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have move the hdmi cable to two of the four positions on the tv with the same results "no signal".
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Has the apple TV worked before on another set or maybe even this one?

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, just received from Walmart.

OK and you are sure the set is in the correct input mode so for example HDMI 2 ?

If so please try something else that is HDMI in the same input to eliminate the TV let me know if it works OK

Anthony

*OK and you are sure the TV set is in the correct input mode so for example HDMI 2 ?*

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I move it from the blue ray player position and get the same results

So I am assuming then that the blu-ray works via HDMI and the apple TV does not, simply put you have a problem with the apple TV particularly if the TV set is not flagging any messages for incompatibility so you will need to take the apple back the only other thing is that the HDMI cable is a recent one

Let me know if you need more help please

I cant use the phone for technical reasons my end

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do not work for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony