Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 232 Olevia TV that used to belong to my son. I am

Customer Question

I have a 232 Olevia TV that used to belong to my son. I am trying to hook up to an HDMI signal. I get an error message "Invalid Format" or "no signal". About once every 2 minutes it will try to display and then goes blank again. My web research says it needs a firmware upgrade but I can't find the firmware. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hi, There are no firmware upgrades for Olevia TV's as the company has been out of business for almost 10 years and no parts or support are available. However if you're getting signal and and every 2 minutes getting that message, then it would be worth changing out that HDMI cable first as these symptoms point to the cable more than the TV. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Did you need anything here today?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.