Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Sony television, model KDL52XBR4.The remote is

Customer Question

I have a Sony television, model KDL52XBR4.The remote is partially inoperable (On the bottom of the remote is "RM-YD017 R. Is it worth repairing? Where can I get that done? If not worth repairing, where can I purchase a remote? What is the approximate cost? W Len Alfonso
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Nobody repairs remotes. Labor is way too expensive. You can certainly buy an exact replacement for about $30:

http://www.newremotecontrol.com/sony/catalog_item.php?catnum=148030111

eBay will have similar Sony tv remotes that will also work and may cost less.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?