Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How can I widen the screen on TV with out the remote?. : It

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, how can I widen the screen on TV with out the remote?.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is LED and is about three years old.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The TV screen stop in the middle, I need a full face.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I was told by com case it cannot be done with out the remote.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, All you've posted is you have an LED TV- there are thousands of brand and model, so a model number off the back of the set would be very helpful.

However- ignore that for one second and tell me if you are using a Cable or SAT box on the TV, or an Antenna, or what you have connected to it so we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Did you need assistance with anything here?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Since I don't have any solid info to go on, I'm going to take a guess based on doing this for many years.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.