Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Sony Bravia is turning off & on continually I have had it

Customer Question

My Sony Bravia is turning off & on continually I have had it for 2.5 months
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: since yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The troubleshooting paperwork dose not mention this issue
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: The Video player is problematic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me the full model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to talk to a Sony technician
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

I am a sony tv expert and would be happy to help you, but I need the model number of your tv, please.

It is printed on a sticker on the back of the tv.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why do I have to pay when my tv is under warranty
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Because this is a paid support service.

You have signed up with this paid support site and had to pay your fee to work with me.

It does not matter if the tv is under warranty or not. The warranty only applies to actual repairs, it does not cover 3rd party support. To get instant support like this from sony is not an option, they do not provide after hours support or instant chat. You would have to call sony directly and wait on hold for an extended period for basic help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will have to returne the tv I Can't get free assistance
.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

If you have had it for more than a month most retailers would not allow you to return it.

Good luck to you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I sing in at $5.00 only because That is the only way I could get on. We have laws in Australia about that
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is under warranty. Sony has to fix it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

It should have been clear at multiple points along the way including when entering your payment info that this is justanswer.com, a paid support site. This has nothing at all to do with the warranty.

Support is not the same as a warranty.

If you wish to continue, with the understanding that this is not free, I'm happy to advise on your issue.

If you don't want to, you may seek help from sony directly.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was sent to this page by sonys site. I did not ask to be set to a site that robed me.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I didn't sign up for a contract. I only agreed to pay $5.00 You have stolen money from me
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I demand my money back.