Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I HAVE A PN50A550S1FXZA with a start up problem with

Customer Question

I HAVE A PN50A550S1FXZA with a start up problem with clicking and no picture
JA: TV is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Fortunately, the technicians are real masters, and I'd like to connect you with the best one to help get your picture back.
Customer: I have heard it can be a power supply problem
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well when i go to turn it one the blue light in the front goes on but then there is a red led light that flashes and i hear a clicking sound . this will go on forever without giving me a picture
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I think that is about it but one more thing I have a friend that is a electrical engineer and he says the boards are not synchronizing together
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problem. This issue is not a synchronizing problem per se- the clicking is caused by the Mainboard, which sends the turn on command to the power supply board. It's a hardware failure on the Mainboard that causes this. I assume you're looking to repair the set yourself?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If so, there's two options. Since the Mainboard is very rare, the only source I can find it showing in stock is around $175 (link below):

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Alternatively, there is a repair service that will repair the board for closer to $55, and if you're comfortable removing the part and sending it out, then you can send it out to the link below for repairs:

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.