Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My funuai TV turned off and won't come back on.

Customer Question

Hello, my funuai TV turned off and won't come back on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What is the model number off of the back of your TV?

Also, how long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?

Currently are there any signs of life on the TV at all (power light lit, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Did you need assistance with anything here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in need of assistance
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Can you provide any details asked above so I can try to help you? Right now I don't know if this is an old or new set, or the model or if the power light is even lit. Please answer the info request above so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power light is on. I unplugged everything and plugged it back. The model number is *****
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. If the power light is stuck on and the power button has no effect, then this is generally a fault with the Mainboard of the TV.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it about 4 years ago. It is a flat screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Hard setting it now
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm doing it the 3rd time. I will let u know. Right now the box is rebooting it's self. I will then plug the TV back up and try turning it on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay the bx isn't related to the issue- I was only asking you to perform those steps on the TV. Anyhow let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok about to try and turn the TV on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing:(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no power switch on the TV It's self
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a red light
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, and that was all you can try on a user level. These symptoms means the TV has a hardware failure- more specifically in the power board or the mainboard. To narrow it down, I need to know- does the power light respond when the remote (turns on and off)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is supposed to blink when it is turning on. But it does nothing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Then the mainboard needs to be replaced, there's no quick fixes for this. If you have this done at a shop you're looking at around $175 parts and labor- and the TV can be replaced for that same cost I'm afraid. Alternatively if this is something you're looking to do yourself, then the part that needs to be replaced it at the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funai-32-LF320FX4F-ME1-A3AFM012-LCD-Main-Video-Board-Unit-Motherboard-/171496318078?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?