Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

I have a Trutech tv without a remote control, so I purchased

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a Trutech tv without a remote control, so I purchased a universal remote control that goes with model tv PLV16190. Having trouble getting the universal remote control to program with the tv!
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Trutech model#PLV16190
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The universal remote control a company sent me was a Directtv remote. Having trouble programming remote with tv.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I do also have cable hooked into tv.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

When you say you got a universal remote "that goes with the PLV16190" what do you mean by that please?

Anthony

Hello

Welcome

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I bought one online through EMT Company after puttin in the brand and model # ***** the tv.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello

Welcome

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box and the TV by disconnecting from power for 5mins and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote and if necessary the TV remote

Aspect Ratio

Format
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key satellite\cable remote)

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Anthony

I cant take a phone call right now sorry

How is this working out please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I unplugged everything for 5 mins, my tv screen is blank.

If you press the menu button of the TV sets own remote control does the menu come up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I can not get tv remote programmed with tv

Sorry we have a site problem

Some answers for other questions are bleeding into open questions

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Forget it I'll figure it out
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Anthony! For trying though!
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Can you tell me if this is the remote you got from EMT:

http://www.emtcompany.com/trutech-plv16190-remote/rc64.html

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

The model you mention have two different possible remote (not interchangeable) and they don't look anything like that and both do not have compatible replacement (but i may be able to find new ones).

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Have you ever saw the original remote for that TV, if yes if i show you two pics could you identify it from them for me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Martin
I'm sorry I missed your text. I received the remote from emtcompany, out of Santa Ana, CA. I bought it online& after I received it, I noticed it was a Direct tv remote.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

And did you ever got the original remote at one point with the TV or did you aquired the TV without any remote from the start?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found the original remote few days ago @ Remotes.com.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The tv my boyfriend retrieved from the dump &sit had no remote with it, but it works great.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

One of the possible remote is PLV16190REM-A the the second is a ventcom-4 and i can't seem to find an original replacement for them new. This company have pre-programmed remote to replace them and seem to still have original ones in stock. The problem is that without having see the remote originally with that TV we can't know the one that work. You can perhaps contact the remote company i will link and ask them if they can know that by the serial number of the TV you have or by the chassis number (perhaps more telling than from the model number).

http://www.remotes.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=plv16190