Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My tv has a black square in the middle of the screen :

Customer Question

my tv has a black square in the middle of the screen
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung galaxy
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turn cable box off and back on
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

The set is trying to display closed caption but its not supported so please start off by picking up the TV remote and look for CC\SUBTITLE\TEXT any of those buttons and cycle the button (keep pressing)until it goes

If you have no success with that do the same with the satellite\cable box remote

Let me know if you have problems

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do not work for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

How is this working out please?