Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV has blue blinking light and will not turn on. Cant bring

Customer Question

TV has blue blinking light and will not turn on. Cant bring up menu or picture have rebooted HD box and TV
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Model P50H4011 rebooted after few minutes. I have been out of town for 3 weeks and TV not used
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reboot TV and Box
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, that blinking light generally indicates a hardware fault in the TV.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply.