Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The television shuts itself off. It is not a power issue

Customer Question

the television shuts itself off. It is not a power issue because the cable box stays on. When I turn the TV back on it turns on, but then shuts off within a minute or two. The TV was purchased in 2007. Model #DTV2794B.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: The S/N listed on the sales receipt is 065270928785. The TV worked yesterday morning when I was watching TV. The TV was off the remainder of the day and turned on again last night about 8:30 p.m. when it started to malfunction. I turned TV off until this morning. The problem still exists.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I unplugged the TV and and the cable box and changed electrical outlets. The cable box stays on but the TV turns itself off.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

When the set shuts off does it drop to standby?or does the power-light blink?

Anthony