Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot get live tv on my sony bravia kdl-46ex701 : and its

Customer Question

hello Pearl
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I cannot get live tv on my sony bravia kdl-46ex701
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: and its about 2 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its 2010
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats all and thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Please elaborate on "Live TV"- what do you have connected to the set that you view from (ex: Cable/SAT box, etc.)?

What exactly do you see on your screen?

Provide as much detail as possible as I am not there to see what you're seeing. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want live tv from the internet I have
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need to get youtube or sports and news online
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay, well your TV is not a Smart TV, so doesn't have that ability. Are you saying you want to add something to the TV to be able to stream internet content on the set?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Since this Sony isn't a Smart TV you can't get internet apps on it directly. In order to do this you need a device that connects to the TV. Roku or Amazon Firestick, Apple TV etc.- there are many. Simply purchase one of these devices then plug it into one of the HDMI ports on the TV, select that Input then follow the on screen instructions that show up. Here's a good example of a device that will work, and solve the issue of the TV not being a Smart TV:

https://www.roku.com/

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Did you need anything else here?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.