Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I purchased TC55cx400U a month ago, the TV was working fine,

Customer Question

I purchased TC55cx400U a month ago, the TV was working fine, but when I turned to shot off, the TV will not turn off. 2 remotes - one by Panasonic, one by the cable co, and TV on-off switch do not work.... What's wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello Steve- First, sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, are ALL other functions on the TV working as they should- meaning volume, Input, MENU, etc. and the ONLY thing not working is the power button?

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

In other words- TV works fine, it just won't shut off- correct?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Steve, did you need assistance with the question you posted?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Mainboard being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power, and see if the set powers up normal then press it again and see if it shuts off. Please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?