Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Samsung smart tv fell on the front. I didn't think there

Customer Question

My Samsung smart tv fell on the front. I didn't think there was any damage until I turned it on. Turns out whatever is behind the black front screen, I damaged it there. Looks like I cracked it as the pic actually shows where the crack is. Can this be repaired? More info on my tv.
Samsung 5034 Class. 49534 Digital LED 2160 smart 4K ultra tv. Model Un50JS7000, fx 2A
SKU(###) ###-#### Thank you in advance. Also if it can be repaired where would I send it?
I live in The Dalles OR. 97058(###) ###-#### ***** Cole
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

This is very very bad news. I am sorry to tell you that the entire tv screen would have to be replaced which costs the same as replacing the tv. Also Physical damage is not covered by any warranty so it does not make any sense to have the tv repaired. My only suggestion is to possibly file a claim with your home owners insurance, buy a replacement tv, and try to sell off the tv parts on eBay.

Again, I'm very sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

I understand that finding out that your tv cannot be repaired is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service. Determining immediately whether your tv can be repaired and how much it will cost is worth it because an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page so that I get credit for my work. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks