Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My tv stopped working recently, whenever i turned it on I

Customer Question

My tv stopped working recently, whenever i turned it on I only heard the sound but no picture and the backlight did not turn on either. I'm not sure what happened but it started giving me an error code; power flashes twice and opc flashes 3 times. I read online that this is a power supply issue so i bought a power supply and replaced it but now i am getting a new error code; power flashes twice and opc flashes 5 times. I held the CH_DOWN and VOL_UP as i plugged the tv in and the backlight turns on this time as opposed to with the other power supply it didn't. What do the error codes mean? What should I do next? Can i fix this tv? Thanks.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: sharp aquos lc-52d62u
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: replacing the power supply
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Did you get identical replacement power supply board?

- Do you still get previous error code if install old power supply board?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, did you get above reply?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it was the exact same power supply. i reinstalled the old power supply and got the previous error code i was getting ( power flashes twice and opc flashes 3 times) and when i installed the new one back, i get the current error code ( power flashes twice and opc flashes 5 times). i checked the service manual for my tv and found the description for the error codes i believe but i don't understand what it means please refer to the attached picture
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I also attached a .gif capturing my current error code.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the info and pictures.

Power flashes twice and opc flashes 3 times (23 code) indicates 6V failure, there is 6V regulator chip mounted on main board of TV that got failed and causing the problem so you would need to replace main board instead of power supply board.

Now the other error code 25 indicates 12V panel failure, it means power supply board isn't providing 12V to t-con board so your new power supply board is defective. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.