Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My magnovox 46 inch tv won't turn on and the standby light

Customer Question

My magnovox 46 inch tv won't turn on and the standby light in the front blinking every 3mins
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It's magnovox
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It came on this morning, I'm trying to turn it on and it won't come on, I use the TVs remote and also the cable box remote and still nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I was noticing it for a few days now that, I have to press the remote sometimes twice then it comes on, but nothing now, I even press the power on the TVs, still won't come on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, As asked above- What is the Model Number off of the back of the Magnavox please? This helps e to be able to look up the TV and related problems.

Also, how old is the set?

Additionally, does that light on the TV really only blink ONE time every 3 minutes? That is very rare....

Let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.