Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My Mitsubishi 1080 power will not stay on. light to show

Customer Question

My Mitsubishi 1080 power will not stay on. Green light to show power starts then stops
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: May be 8 years old, it says 1080hd in front
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Started doing this a couple nights ago but would stay on, now it won;t
JA: Huh?
Customer: model number WS-55315
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue. Please reply back when you're available to proceed further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What additional info do you need?
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Working on it and get back with you in 10 minutes, is this OK?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for waiting, we need to get error code form TV which will help to determine the cause of problem.

Turn On TV, let green light blink and stop itself. Now press Device and Menu buttons on TV front (not on any remote) for 6 seconds to activate error code reporting, the indicator light on TV will start flashing in 2 digit pattern to present error code, for example, 2-3 code means light flash 2 times, pauses, flash 3 times, pauses and repeat the blink pattern.

Do you get any error code form TV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The device code I get is two green blinks pause then one green blink
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, so the error code is 21 and not 12, correct?

Because my answer would be based on that error code.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
21 correct
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK< this error code calls x-ray protection and possible cause is high current drain in power supply or deflection circuitry of TV, it needs further troubleshooting inside TV with multimeter to sort out bad parts causing the problem to get them replaced if those parts are still available with any supplier because looking at age of TV (2004 model) it would be hard to get replacement parts. Please reply back if you wish to troubleshoot the issue yourself and have multimeter and can use it to assist you further.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote that could be $250 to $300..
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective parts/ board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.