Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My vizio tv will not turn on/off with or without remote.

Customer Question

My vizio tv will not turn on/off with or without remote. White "vizio"letters are on. Tv works only through satelite cable. Also volume won't move
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 240HZ
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I told you EXACTLY what's wrong.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The fact that you don't understand
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Are you saying the White Vizio letters are on the SCREEN- or do you mean the little power light below the screen?

Also, what is the model number off of the back of this TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.