Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

How do I get rid of the black boxes across the bottom of our

Customer Question

How do I get rid of the black boxes across the bottom of our TV screen they go away for a little but come right back?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, First we need to know what those black boxes are- in other words, where they're coming from.

1) What are you viewing from on the set when those boxes appear (Cable/SAT box, DVD player, etc.)?

2) Is there any writing or any indicators (HDMI, Volume, 1080P, etc.) written in those boxes?

3) If you grab the original Hitachi remote and press MENU when those boxes appear, will the MENU cover those boxes? Or are the boxes OVER (covering) the MENU?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
SAT(HDMI Dolby on/sleep timer DVD ECO etc neither
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

This is called "E-Pop Demo" in the user manual and you need to shut it off. It's basically the TV "Showing Off" all of it's features. You need to use the original Hitachi remote or this:

Press "MENU", scroll to "Setup" then follow these steps:

Press ▲ or ▼ to select “E-POP Demo”, then press ◀ or ▶ to
select “On” or “Off”.
On: A TV feature introduction will be popped up at the bottom
of the screen.
Off: Turn off the E-POP Demo feature

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

NOTE: What you want to do is shut E-POP- OFF.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.