Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My Vizio tv turns off few seconds than turns back on. There

Customer Question

My Vizio tv turns off for a few seconds than turns back on. There was a power surge last night.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: A little over a year
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Power surge yesterday electric went off, tv came back on but when I went to turn tv off it comes back on in like 15 seconds.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?