Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have a 50l 1400u tv purched 07/11/14 and after turn on,

Customer Question

i have a 50l 1400u tv purched 07/11/14 and after turn on, 1/3 of bottom screen goes black. is still under warrenty? is there a fix? please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Is the 1/3 of bottom screen darker than other area of screen OR completely dark?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
completely dark. Is eligible for free repair?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
cancel phone call.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems display panel (the screen) issue and entire screen will need to be replaced to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired or if you purchased extended warranty with TV, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. Please check the warranty card/ purchase receipt of TV for more details.

If TV is out of warranty then screen replacement would cost approx new TV price of same size so you would be better off with a new TV at that point. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Phone call offer is automated and I didn't send it, fell free to ignore it.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , i`m Jack , different tech. here

Shahid had to step out and i will be assisting you , let me know when you are ready t proceed ?