Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung tv model Ln46a550pf3 won't turn on. Just makes

Customer Question

My Samsung tv model Ln46a550pf3 won't turn on. Just makes clicking sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Any idea how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Does TV turn On after some time or just keeps clicking?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tv is about 4 years old. It turns on after 5 to 7 minutes. Problem just started a few days ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the info, since TV turns On after 5-7 minutes that indicates failing capacitors problem on power supply board of TV and replacement of bad capacitors of power board (it needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) OR entire power board replacement in will resolve the problem. Please get the part number written on label pasted on power supply board in TV to search/ google to get price info to order the replacement power board if you are looking to do-it-yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Yes, I'm here and typing an answer takes bit time.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.