Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sony wega tv 3 blink problem wont turn on how do I

Customer Question

I have a sony wega tv 3 blink problem wont turn on how do I fix the tv I just replaced the lamp
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 yrs old hd wega engine
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: turn it on and clicks off blinks 3 times
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, A 3 blink code simply means your lamp cover is not closed properly. Did you close the lamp cover yet?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

No thanks, ***** ***** take a phone call. Simply reply back here and let me know what's going on.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay then we need some more information to see what happened- because the 3 blink code directly monitors your lamp cover.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) Was the light blinking 3 times before you replaced the lamp?

3) Where did you purchase this lamp from and for how much?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
call me
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I can't take a phone call- sorry. I have no cell service where I am and we are independent techs working in different locations (not sharing a common office). The site sends that offer to you automatically- it's not anything I have any control over. Please simply reply back here.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

We need some more information to see what happened- because the 3 blink code directly monitors your lamp cover.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

Making phone call is so early at this stage, please provide requested info to get related manuals for troubleshooting purpose.

Thanks.