Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I moved my Sony 55" Model KDF-55wf655 tv & layed it on the

Customer Question

I moved my Sony 55" Model KDF-55wf655 tv & layed it on the screen side. Now it is a dark screen and hard to see. I checked the bulb & it looks hazey on the bulb then reinstalled but no changes. any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, Is the sound on the TV working perfectly?

Also are there any LED lights lit on the set?

When was the last time you replaced the Lamp?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you with me here?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If your screen is very dark, and the sound is working fine, then this simply means your lamp was compromised when the set was leaned down. The hazy appearance to the lamp is a telltale sign of this, and the solution is to simply replace the lamp in your set. This is very common when the set is moved, or even the position is changed, as it can allow the seal of the lamp to fail and the internal gas to leak out- which causes a dark picture. The lamp for your set can be purchased at the link below:

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.