Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a crt type magnavox that as served us well. We havd

Customer Question

I have a crt type magnavox that as served us well. We havd r]t connected to comcast cable. Me grand daughter pushed some buttons and now I cannot get channel 3 for antana in. My remote does everything but directly select channels. Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Usually when using Comcast cable you have a cable box- and it's connected to something besides the ANT IN jack on the TV. However for me to get any details at all, I would need the full model number off of the back of the TV, as well as the make and model of your Comcast cable box. Let me know please and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
TV Magnavox model TP2792 B103
Cable box Motorola DCT700/US
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** model number for the TV isn't correct. I would need that, and/or if you could quickly view the back of the TV where the cable box plugs in.... Is it a single coaxial type cable, or is it using THREE different colored RCA type cables please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The tv model is correct but is an old model. Coax in and coax out
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, I did find it. Please tell me exactly what you see on the TV screen right now.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

You have a couple of buttons on the remote that can cause this, but I need to know exactly what you see on the screen right now. On the original TV remote the "Tuner A/B" button can cause these symptoms, or if you have a Blue Video screen then the "Source" button on the original TV remote can also cause these symptoms. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can search channels but I only get 114, 80 and vcr/aux. vcr/aux produces a blank screen, the others show a static, noisy screen.
If I leave it on vcr/aux it goes to black screen.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Try using your "TUNER A/B" button, then try seeing what channels you get.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Press that Tuner button once to select the alternative tuner. Then try the channel button.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not have a tuner a/b on my remote
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm talking on the original TV remote...do you have that?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you have the remote the TV came with, then the top left button is Tuner AB.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The top left button is TV POWER