Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have just acquired a set of Bluedio headphones. The

Customer Question

I have just acquired a set of Bluedio headphones. The Bluetooth function connects with my MacBook Air and with my iPhone. However, the main reason I wanted the headphones was to be able to watch TV at night with the audio muted while hearing the audio on the headphones. I haven't succeeded in setting the TV up so the headphones will pair with it.
The TV is Samsung Model UN40EH5000F.
Thanks for any help.
Ken Shipley
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, In short- your TV does not have the ability to connect to BlueTooth headphones. The TV would require an adapter to connect to it that then takes the audio output of the set- and converts it to a BlueTooth transmission that the headphones can then "pair" to. I am pulling up the info on your set and then the adapter you will need to purchase.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

You will need to purchase the BlueTooth transmitter at the link below (or one with similar features and connections), and then connect that to the 1/8" Stereo Audio Out on the back of the TV. Then shut the TV's internal speakers off in the Sound MENU and the Headphones can then be paired to the BT transmitter unit:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=9722&gclid=CjwKEAjw4dm6BRCQhtzl6Z6N4i0SJADFPu1ndCd4QZVscFXa6Z4WOtLmVdn_qSmh5tVjR9yuFKa0XhoCxg_w_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.