Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Black screen : this morning : nothing : no thanks

Customer Question

black screen
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: this morning
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

What is the model number of the tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

If you absolutely cannot get the model number then at least need to know what size the screen is? 32 inch or 40 inch or 50 inch or 60 or 70 or?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

yes, what?

model number please?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was NOT sent by me and I am not able to take your call at this time. In the mean time we can continue with our chat....

What is the model number of the tv? or what is the size of the tv screen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model # *****
SN: 50J135159H01242
50'
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

When did you purchase the tv?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please lets go
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

I'm right here. Trying to glean information from you, next thing I need to know is when did you purchase the tv?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can we continue here instead my phone. I am confused
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
one and 1/2 ago
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Thanks.

Please try this:
-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed.

Since your tv was purchased 1.5 years ago, you are still covered by the 2 year warranty through the manufacturer. You can obtain warranty parts and labor by contacting them directly at(###) ###-####

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no luck, does not work Mike. what would reaction be?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Sorry to hear that.

If you the screen is black and you cannot even see the tv menu after resetting the power, then the tv needs repairs. As I explained you are under warranty and will want to contact the manufacturer for services at(###) ###-####

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok Thank you mike, I will definitely call them. I would have a charge?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
problem is not fixed Mike.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Contact the manufacturer for services at(###) ###-####

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?