Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm trying to find the kill switch on my 68 inch samsung

Customer Question

I'm trying to find the kill switch on my 68 inch samsung dlplens tv
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 2008
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just need to know where the kill switch is
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, There's no such thing as a "kill switch" om a Samsung DLP, but there is a "Lamp cover switch", however, I really need to know the following to help you:

1) The full model number off of the back of the TV.

2) Elaboration of what exactly the TV is doing, or not doing right now.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hl67a750a1f
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There's one green and two red blinking lights the TV will turn on but lamp doesn't light up and there's no sound
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay taking a look now.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

This is a 3 LED lamp based set, and when all three lights blink on it- it means either the LED driver board or the power supply board have failed- there's no switch that will fix this. When did this problem occur- were there any storms, power outages, etc.?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This happened about 6 months ago. Just now getting around to fixing it. Don't believe there was a storm. Where did you say there was a switch on the lamp cover?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

On this set there is no switch- as it's an LED based DLP set- NO replaceable lamp in your TV. That's why I needed the model number. Your set has no lamp- so therefore no switch.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just pulled the lamp out
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has a part number on it and pulled it up on the xomputer
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you just pulled the lamp out- then you gave me the wrong model number, because the model number you gave me has no lamp.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

HL67A750A1F is an LED based set- No Lamp. So what set do you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would you like me to give you the part number?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

No, the Model Number off of the back of the TV is what we need. HL67A750A1F is an LED based set- No Lamp. So what set do you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just gave it to you, do you want the model code? Or is there any way I can take a picture of it and text it to you?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry, but you're saying you pulled a lamp out of a TV that has no lamp, so I'm out at this point. Good luck.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You were no help at all, don't charge my credit card!
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Hello

My name is Anthony

I am just curious about this post are you saying you pulled a lamp out of that model number set?you are sure about that?

If so can you get me the full model number found on the back of the set including all the letters at the end of the model number?

Anthony

Just so we know what I mean this is a random DLP lamp

http://dlplampsource.com/bp96-01472a-television-replacement-lamp.html

Click the above

Seems odd you would ask a question say you pulled a lamp out of an LED set then do not reply back?I am not sure why you would do that?odd

If you need to speak about billing contact***@******.*** (email)

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can yu give me a price on the 2 boards

what 2 boards?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is the original Expert again, I'm assuming you're referring to the LED driver board and the Power Supply Board correct?

If so, then I am searching for these boards right now and will postback once I find them.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The Power Supply Board is available at the link below for $112 for purchase:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-HL67A750A1F-HL67A750A1FXZA-HL67A750A1FXZC-Power-Supply-Board-r661-/121781682653

Additionally, the LED driver board is at the following link, but is showing as "Out of Stock":

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/products/samsung-bp97-01284c-bp41-00317c-hl67a750a1f-led-driver.html

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Led board and power board
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I was actually also able to find the LED driver board on eBay for $40 at the following link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-BP94-02321B-BP97-01193G-BP41-00317B-LED-Driver-HLT6187SAX-HLT6189SAX-/161850667105?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thanks- those two boards are posted on this page for you to purchase. Scroll up the page if you missed a reply or two, and also please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my efforts.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.