Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Dish remote works well with all devices, but when I press

Customer Question

My Dish remote works well with all devices, but when I press the Input button to see the various input channels, the Satellite button light also comes on and switches me to a different channel. My wife and I have the same remotes and the same devices programmed, but my TV button seems linked to the Satellite input and won't allow me to see the input channels. My wife's remote doesn't have this problem.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Sorry, I had to go measure. It's a Samsung, 44" wall mounted device. I could pull the manual if you need more info.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: The remote TV code that both remotes are using is 2051. the DVD code is a Sony 0199, and the sound bar is a Vizio, code 2454.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

When you change channels, is the tv itself trying to change channels (rather than on the box)?
How is the dish box connected to the tv?

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.