Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

M# pn51e450a1f, my tv just dropped the picture, still have

Customer Question

m# ***** my tv just dropped the picture, still have sound but nothing on the screen. is there any warranty left? bought in November 2013. is there something I can try to resume picture?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Unless you purchased an extended warranty, this set would not be covered as it has been about 2-1/2 years since the purchase.

Do you recall if an extended warranty was purchased?

Let me know so that we can continue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did not have extended warranty
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Ok, so then you would be looking at repairing it yourself or calling in a tech to repair it for you.

The usual failure on these sets is one of the scan boards. Very common on plasma TVs of all brands.

To repair it yourself, you would need a multimeter and be able to take the back off the TV and do some tests with the meter. If we do this, we may be able to get the TV working again for under $200. If not, you are at the mercy of a TV repair shop and I see your repair price being $350+.

I'm sorry that there is no quick and easy fix for this problem. I understand that has to be frustrating.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. If you want me to find you a tech, please give me your zip code.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
95926 Chico CA
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

There isn't much near you, certainly no NESDA members which is shat you should look for.

I did find this place:

1824 1/4 Esplanade
Chico, CA 95926
phone(###) ###-####br />
Give them a call and feel them out. If you do not get a good vibe from them, I can give you some others although they are a distance away in Antelope CA.