Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Have Sharp Aquos LC-60LE847U and the error code is two five

Customer Question

Have Sharp Aquos LC-60LE847U and the error code is two long five short blinks. I can restart it and reset it numerous times and once it comes on it is OK. I assume it is a power on capacitor issue - too low voltage to crank the screen up. Screen stays black, sometimes sound is on, sometimes not.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought December 2012. I gave you the exact model a minute ago. LC-60LE847U
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Called Sharp and he taught me the reset of unplug, hold down Volume UP and Channel Down, plug back in and hold for ten seconds. Maybe it was supposed to be hold until the K service screen comes on but it never did.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: The area I live in does not have a TV sharp service company nearby.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack an independent TV/AUDIO repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this , please let me know when you see this.